Methods to transfer file between iphone and mac
The following are the best and easiest methods to transfer file between iphone and mac:
Sharing files rapidly between an iPhone and Mac is possible using AirDrop. You can exchange files with only a few clicks or taps after turning on AirDrop on your Apple devices.
From an iPhone to Mac
- Open the document you wish to share, then choose the “Share” icon (a square with an upward-pointing arrow).
- If you see the AirDrop or Mac symbol, tap it.
- To start the file transfer between iphone and mac, choose your Mac from the menu that appears.
From a Mac to an iPhone
- To share a file, simply right-click it.
- Drag your cursor over Share in the main menu and select AirDrop.
- To send the file, choose the recipient’s iPhone from the list.
- Choose “Done.”
II. iCloud Drive
You must connect iCloud Drive to your iPhone or Mac in order to use it. Following that, you can start transferring the files.
From an iPhone to Mac
- Tap the square icon with the arrow pointing up next to the Share button after opening the file you wish to share.
- Click on Save to Files as you go down.
- Choose iCloud Drive from the Places selection that opens in the new menu.
- In the upper right corner, click “Save.”
- Your file will be in iCloud Drive when you launch Finder on your Mac and click on it.
From a Mac to iPhone
- Using Finder’s iCloud Drive folder, copy the file you wish to share there.
- Activate the Files app on your iPhone.
- At the bottom right corner of the screen, click the file icon labelled “Browse.”
- Choose iCloud Drive from the list of possible options.
- Choose by tapping the icon with three horizontal dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click and hold the file you wish to send.
- At the bottom left corner, click the “Share” icon, which is a square with an upward-pointing arrow.
- Choose the method for transferring the file. For example, if it’s a video, choose “Save Video,” but if it’s an image, choose “Save Image,” and so on.
Syncing the files using Finder is another technique to transfer file between iphone and mac. Both a USB cable and a Wi-Fi connection may be used for syncing.
Using a USB cable
- Use a USB cord to link your iPhone to the Mac.
- Click on your iPhone’s name in the Places section of the left-side menu in Finder on your Mac.
- To view a list of the iPhone applications that have files on them, click the Files tab at the top of the right side.
- To see the app’s files, click the right arrow next to the programme.
- You may share a file by dragging it and dropping it on your computer’s desktop or in a folder.
- Drag and drop the file from your computer into the programme in Finder. This is to transfer the file from your Mac to an iPhone. Before you drag and drop a file, be sure the programme accepts it.
- You must first confirm that Finder can recognize your iPhone over a Wi-Fi connection.
- Use a USB cord to link the iPhone to your laptop.
- Click on your iPhone’s name in the Places section of the left-side menu in Finder on your computer.
- Choose the Display this iPhone while on Wi-Fi checkbox by clicking the General tab, scrolling down, and selecting it.
- On the Finder window’s bottom right corner, click “Apply.”
- Now, Finder will recognize it when you connect your iPhone to your Mac through Wi-Fi without using the internet. After that, you may share files between the two gadgets.
IV. Google Drive
One of the various cloud storage options is Google Drive. You may utilize to transfer file between iphone and mac. It provides 15 GB of free storage for all Google accounts. After Google Drive is up and running, you may upload files from your computer and mobile device to Drive. Next, on your Mac or iPhone, you may download a file or folder from Google Drive.
Email is an antiquated method of moving files between devices. Here’s how to send files across devices using email.
From iPhone to Mac
- Open the file you wish to share and press the Share icon.
- Choose either the Mail app by default on iOS or another email account of your choosing. After that, complete the email’s form and send it to yourself.
- Open your email programme on your Mac and check the email you just sent to yourself with the attached file. You may get the associated photos by clicking here.
From Mac to iPhone
- Open your email programme, start a new email, add the attachment, and then forward it to yourself.
- See the email message on your iPhone by using your favorite email app. You may now choose to view and save the attachments.
As each of these approaches is unique, you could require them in a different situation. This is why it’s crucial to be aware of several methods transfer file between iphone and mac. You never know which approach could be useful.